Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Oh Where, O Where have the Black Vampires Gone....?

Hello and welcome to my blog! I'm an avid reader with a fierce love of Mystery novels and pretty much anything supernatural. Even before the introduction of the Twilight Series, I've always been facinated by the Vampire genre of fiction. Not the hard core Bram Stroker's Dracula books -- (I have to admit I've only seen the movie version). But the modernization of the Vampire story into present day. But I'm not limited to books -- television shows too! Do you remember Forever Knight? Moonlight and I have to mention the Buffy Series along with the Angel spinoff series.

But for all of the enjoyable entertainment factor, I've found myself wondering -- where are the Black Vampires? Shifting back to written fiction -- I'm on the search for Supernatural stories that feature black or at least multicultural lead characters. I'll post what I find for those who are interested as well as what I'm currently reading and my book lists.

While my reading list isn't limited to a Multi-cultural focus - I enjoying finding a good read. So sit back and join the ride. Visit often and feel free to comment. The Hunt for the Black Vampire begins now!


7 comments:

  1. I'm an avid reader. I'm excited to read your reviews. I hope some of your recommendations are available in Kindle format.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog and terrific content! The colors are hot! But how can you not mention Blade as a modern black vampire???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adrienne recommeded the Jaz Parks Series to me and I loved it. Can't wait for the next installment.

    I haven't heard of a black vampire since Eddie Murphy and that was the movies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats and Good luck on your blog!!
    I'm looking forward your thoughts and recommendations. Love the look of the page.

    Are you going to review established books too, like O. Butler's Fledging, LA Banks' Vampire Huntress series, or J. Gomez' Gilda series?

    Would love to see that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for all the comments guys!

    @Stacy -- you're a gem - I TOTALLY forgot Blade! He's my fav.

    @Sooz -- YES I plan to put up reviews of all.. Fledgling, the Awesome Danali - but I've only recently heard of Gilda....thanks so much for adding to my hunt!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi I'm stopping by from www.BlogsHerColor.com a new blogging network geared towards women of color. You have a great blog and it's exactly what you we are looking for in our members. If you have a moment please stop by, check out our site, and sign up for the directory.

    Everything is FREE, and if you join before November 1 we are holding a contest for 1 of our member to receive 2 months of free advertising on our site. So please stop by we would love to have you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, this is Amelia Elias--thanks for the wonderful review of Hunted, even though I'm a couple years late saying that--just wanted to let you know that the hero of my novella Broken Ties is, in fact, a black vampire. I'm off to check out your new blog now!

    ReplyDelete