Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Retribution...Anna Strong is back!

When I saw that Book 5 of the Anna Strong Series was on the shelves, I quickly added it to my must read stack. Having read the previous four novels, I was geared up and ready to follow Anna's latest adventures.


In this book, bounty hunter and newly turned vampire, Anna continues to struggle with living the life of a vampire while trying to maintain a hold on her humanity. When young vampires start turning up dead, Anna is forced to joined forces with her mentor-turned-enemy Warren Williams to dig up answers for fear that she may be next. Add to the mix that Belinda Burke is back on the scene and has placed a nasty spell on her friend Culebra and subsequently Daniel Frey and you’ve got a fast paced, story that doesn’t let you down.

I really enjoyed reading Jeanne C. Stein’s lasts installment in the series. She’s been able to build a supernatural world around her main character that’s perfectly woven into modern day San Diego. My only complaint about the storyline would be that there were more questions raised than answered. The biggest question being -- “What does being the ‘Chosen One’ really mean?”

I guess we’ll have to wait for Book 6 to get that answer. It’s definitely a book I’d recommend!



BVC Rating:  **** (4 Stars)
Avail on Kindle:  Yes


and the hunt continues......

1 comment:

  1. HI Dren-- thanks for the review. And yes, what it means to be The Chosen One is revealed in the next book called...wait for it...Chosen!!

    Hope you enjoy it as well. I appreciate your interest and support.

    Best, Jeanne

    ReplyDelete